The Life of David James

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Wyoming and other stuff

Alright so I lied and totally didn't update this while I was at the beach. But its cool cause I don't know if anyone reads this anyway. So I just wanted to talk about Wyoming and some other stuff. Wyoming...... I thought I would get off the plane and go "Yay Wyoming.......why am I here?" which I did as a joke but I soon regretted it. Me and my family went to Wyoming on one of these Disney tours they're doing now. They go to Hawaii and England and cool places and so of course my mom picked the most random one, Wyoming. The first night we got there we stayed in Jackson Hole which is like Touristville USA. It looked like something you would see in Disney World, all the stores looked like they were built from Lincoln logs. Anyway, so we get there and my first impression was bad cause I looked around in the kids in the group and they were all little but low and behold 4 girls popped their head around the corner and I felt a sigh of relief. I was still the oldest out of all the kids but it was still nice havin someone I could hang with (I was totally crushin on one of the girls, but that's another story...lol). So the first couple days are awkward with the kids but we finally get to be friends and become inseparable. And I also discover that some of the younger kids are pretty freakin awesome. You couldn't have picked better kids to throw together for a week. Freakin Disney magic I guess lol. The sights we're cool and everything but I was more taken aback about the amazing people in the group. The kids were sweet, the adults we awesome. Everyone just got along so well, I was in heaven (anyone who knows me knows that next to God, friends are the most important to me). Ok so here's a list of the cool kids:

Jakob- he was a tough kid, totally dug his PSP and had the coolest voice ever

Aislyn- funny little girl, got REALLY hyper when she had icecream, I got the sneaking suspicion that she had a crush on me,

Tim- smartest kid ever, he liked cheese A LOT and told everyone about it, also into the handheld games, taught me and beat me in hearts

Jonathan- Tim's little brother, played pokemon all the time, looooved to fish and caught 12

Thomas- Bush's answer to the energy crisis, he had like adhhhhhhhhhhhhhhd, hired and fired people in the "No girls club" me and he made, beat me in checkers without me letting him win

Kelsey-laughed at anything anyone said ever, also made me laugh every time she laughed, she was the only one who saw me trip and never told anyone lol

Regan- she was totally a superhero in disguise, she had a interesting voice I told her she should do VO work, played cards with me all the time

Hannah- 1/2 of the Devilish duo that was her and Carley, beat me up every chance she got, had an awesome grandma face, cheated terribly in uno, cried the hardest when we all left

Carley- the other half of the Devilish Duo, left a fingernail scar on my hand, cheated very well in uno, said I was full of myself lol

Chris- reminded me of a chipmunk when he got hyper, got in trouble with his mom for drinking an O'douls (it was really funny), the girls always picked on him for acting like me but hey, if he's gonna copy someone, who better than me lololol,

Kaitlin- sucked at everything but foosball and shuffleboard hahaha, she was sad for some of the time so I tried my best to cheer her up, also cheated terribly in uno, was my buddy in everything that we did that week

Kristin- the oldest of the kids next to me, said I wasn't funny at all, thought Andy was the funniest kid ever (which explains why she thought I wasn't funny lol), blinked nonstop, along with Hannah and Carley put makeup on my brother, was the only girl who actually played uno fair

I would list the adults too but it would take way too long. They were the coolest adults I've ever met ever. They treated all the kids like they were equals and actually listened to what we said (as a kid, there's nothing cooler than when we get an adult who listens to what we say and pays attention to what we have to says and shows a general interest in what we are saying). They kept saying all this stuff about how I was being cool cause I was being nice to all the younger children when I was like "I'm being nice you ya'lls kids cause your kids are freakin awesome lol don't give me the credit, you're the ones who raised your kids and made them so cool to hang out with." Not to mention we had the coolest guides ever, Chris and Christy. Chris was, no joke, like a kid in an adult suit. He was a former park ranger and new everything and always was there to give you a bad joke or give you a laser so you could see how hot the inside of your iris was lol. And Christy was da bomb as well. She worked for the guest services at Disneyland and she got to give the tours to all the really big celebrities. She said Faith Hill was really nice and she got really psyched over Orlando Bloom. I can honestly say I enjoyed the people more than the place in this instant. I think I would have paid that amount of money or more to meet those people anywhere, down the street would be worth it even. I know I have a tendency to take friendships with people more seriously than they really are but all those people meant a lot to me and I was heartbroken to leave. I'm not gonna lie, I did get a tad choked up but if I did get three wishes from a genie, one of them would be that I could relive that week with those people, even if its only one more time.

So we came home from Wyoming and immediately I was bored to tears. I had come from a situation where everything was planned out for me so the minute I had freedom I was bored. I hung out with Casey a couple times and Lauren too but I felt extremely bored. I went to see Clerks 2 opening day with Casey and I can honestly say its the funniest movie I have seen in 2 years (the last one being Shaun of the Dead). I literally spit out my Coke Icee all over the seats in front of me more than one time. Anyone who has seen the original clerks. I totally recommend it beyond any movie you can see this year. If you haven't seen clerks., you'll probably still think its funny but you might not care about the characters as much or understand the background behind everything. So I saw that and lady in the water (eh...) and basically wasted the few days I had away. On Monday I went with Evan Vetter, Anna Vetter's brother, and worked on a documentary he is working on about two missionaries that sold all there stuff and are moving to the Congo. It was cool to hear their stories and sad to hear their parents talk about them leaving.

Tuesday I had guitar lesson as per usual and after had discipleship group. Discipleship group is a group of guys from my grade who get together once a week and have food and fellowship. This week it was at AJ Patefield's house. I hadn't seen that kid in forever and it was cool getting to see him again. We had burgers and discussed the fact that D. Sircar didn't know what "69" meant lol (what a great discipleship group, I know). We also talked about the plans to come up to my condo on lake Norman. Just kind of a retreat for one night we're doing tomorrow. I'm at the lake at this moment and all the dudes are coming tomorrow. We're gonna swim, fish, and hopefully go tubing on Josh's boat. I hope we all get closer from this, that's my prayer, cause I want us to become like spiritual leaders at the school. Alright honestly I could type a little more but my fingers are getting sore and I bet your eyes are tired from reading (whoever is reading lol). I'll update soon hopefully. Catcha later Bill and Ted.


Quote of the Day:
"37?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home